Thursday, July 28, 2011

Noodle Rice Pilaf

This was very good, SO easy to make, and quick, as well.  I was going through my old recipe boxes and came across this- it's from a 2001 issue of Taste of Home.  It looked so easy, I couldn't NOT make it, lol!  I needed a dish to go with baked chicken, and I had just made a batch of homemade chicken broth, so I was good to go.  I also have a large container of tiny egg noodles and not much to do with them, so this helped. 

I wish I could use brown rice with recipes like these- but I think that would turn the pasta to mush.  So I broke out the white for this one.  Using white helped it be ready very quickly, at least.  We had this with a baked chicken dish and steamed green beans.  Even my picky child loved this one!

This is similar to both my Herbed Rice Pilaf and Homemade Rice-A-Roni recipes, but has the benefit of being even easier and still tasting great.  :) 

Noodle Rice Pilaf

1/4 cup butter
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles or vermicelli
2-3/4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried

1.  In a large saucepan, cook and stir the rice and noodles in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: