Friday, April 6, 2012

DIY Cherry Blossom Branches

After seeing something similar in the library here, I really, really wanted to do this myself.  I googled DIY Cherry Blossoms and a ton of blogs came up.  All you need is tree branches, pink tissue paper, an adhesive (hot glue, regular glue, or tape), and a container to stick them in.  I had to use hot pink tissue paper because that's all I had; very pale pink is what I wanted to use.  The "vase" is a salad dressing jar I have, without the lid.
Cherry Blossoms are one of my favorite things in the world.  I love them so much!  I have these gorgeous blue cherry blossom plates and bowls, and some red ones too.  Cherry blossoms are so beautiful and delicate.


My daughter helped me make these.  In fact, it was her teacher who donated the library cherry blossom tree in the first place.  She was actually better at making these than I was.  We cut out squares of tissue paper, layered a few on top of each other, and trimmed the edges to a round shape.  Then we slightly crumpled the "blossoms", and stuck them onto the bare branches. 


DIY Cherry Blossom Branches

pink tissue paper, preferably light pink
adhesive (tape, hot glue, or regular glue)
bare branches

1.  Cut out squares of tissue paper.  Layer a few (2-5) on top of each other.  Round the edges, if desired.  You can also slightly crumple the paper to add texture.  You may want to secure each sheet to the next one with a tiny dab of glue. 

2.  Attach each blossom randomly on the bare branches.  A hot glue gun would be best; we only had tape around, and that worked out ok. 
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

No comments: