Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chai-Spiced Hot Chocolate

Ever since making my own Chai spice mix, I've been wanting to use it in hot chocolate.  Well, it only took me a few years!  (My spice mix still smelled good and strong, in case you were wondering, lol.)  I simply warmed up some almond milk mixed with 1% cow's, turned the heat to low and threw in some good milk chocolate.  Then I whisked some chai spice mix in.  This was so good, and the chai flavor reminds you of Fall.  (Chai is an Indian-inspired mix of spices you can add to any tea; either regular or herbal.  It typically includes black pepper, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon & ginger.) 


Chai-Spiced Hot Chocolate
by What a Dish!
Makes 1 large serving or 2 small servings

1 1/2 cups milk (I used a mix of 1% and almond milk)
40-50 grams (half or more of a regular-sized bar) good milk chocolate
1 teaspoon Chai spice mix
honey, to taste, if needed

1.  In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium.  Add the chocolate and turn the heat to low, whisking until chocolate is melted.  Add the Chai spice mix and whisk thoroughly until everything is incorporated.  Pour into mugs and taste.  Add honey if desired. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com **

No comments: