Monday, August 19, 2013

Steak Quesadillas

Steak Quesadilla
We're back from our vacation now, and I'll post more pics of that later.  We left our mini laptop with many of our summer pics at a hotel in Germany.  It will be returned to us, but our mail takes a while here.  I do have some Germany pics on my camera, but I haven't downloaded them yet.  In the States, at the end of our trip there, we visited the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and then spent a few days in Vegas before flying to Germany.  

Before our trip, about two months ago, I made these quesadillas with some leftover steak my husband brought home from a work lunch out to a restaurant.  The steak had been marinated in wine and garlic, I think, like typical Portuguese restaurant beef.  There was a ton of it, so I used some in these quesadillas.  The results were very tasty!  These would be good with leftover beef or chicken, even pork.

Steak Quesadillas
by What a Dish!

leftover cooked steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
shredded cheddar or pepper-jack cheese
flour tortillas
cooking spray

1.  Preheat a large griddle.  Lay out one of two tortillas and cover half of each with shredded cheese and chopped steak.  

2.  Fold each in half, and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned and cheese is melted (or however you cook quesadillas).  

3.  Serve with salsa, sour cream, and/or chopped fresh cilantro.
Steak Quesadilla
 **This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: