Monday, March 30, 2015

Avocado-Egg BLT

I've had this bookmarked for over a year and then made it about a month ago, and I'm now finally posting it!  This was delicious and filling.  I forgot the lettuce, so I guess it's not a BLT anymore, but oh well.  Things kept sliding off this as I was eating, so I think lettuce would have made it even more slide-y.

I found baby San Marzano tomatoes and they were pretty good, even for this time of year.  (I found some grown-up ones today that were NOT that good, BTW.  Lol.  Can't wait for summer produce!)
Avocado-Egg BLT
adapted from Our Best Bites
Makes one open-faced sandwich

1 slice favorite whole grain bread
2 tablespoons mashed ripe avocado
dash garlic powder
2 slices cooked bacon
a few slices red onion
handful of greens, or lettuce leaf (optional)
2-3 slices tomato
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
optional: flavored olive oil, for drizzling over top

1.  Toast your bread. Meahwhile, mash avocado with garlic powder and spread on bread as it comes out of the toaster. Place bacon and onion slices on top of avocado. Top with greens, sliced tomato and egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and if desired drizzle with olive oil.  
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks yummy even if a little tricky to eat.